Lecture Details :
Lecture 4: Atoms: 1e- and alkali
Instructor: Robert Field
License: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA
More information at http://ocw.mit.edu/terms
More courses at http://ocw.mit.edu
Course Description :
The goal of this course is to illustrate the spectroscopy of small molecules in the gas phase: quantum mechanical effective Hamiltonian models for rotational, vibrational, and electronic structure; transition selection rules and relative intensities; diagnostic patterns and experimental methods for the assignment of non-textbook spectra; breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation (spectroscopic perturbations); the stationary phase approximation; nondegenerate and quasidegenerate perturbation theory (van Vleck transformation); qualitative molecular orbital theory (Walsh diagrams); the notation of atomic and molecular spectroscopy.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Novel Separation Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Particle Characterization by IIT Madras
- Chemistry II by Other
- Polymer Chemistry by IIT Kharagpur
- Introductory Quantum Chemistry by IISc Bangalore
- Co-ordination chemistry (chemistry of transition elements) by IIT Kharagpur
- Organic Chemistry - Khan Academy by Khan Academy
- Mathematics for Chemistry by IIT Kanpur
- Green Chemistry: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Sustainability by UC Berkeley
- Chemistry 51A Organic Chemistry by University of California
» check out the complete list of Chemistry lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer