Lecture Details :
Lecture 4: Atoms: 1e- and alkali
Instructor: Robert Field
License: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA
More information at http://ocw.mit.edu/terms
More courses at http://ocw.mit.edu
Course Description :
The goal of this course is to illustrate the spectroscopy of small molecules in the gas phase: quantum mechanical effective Hamiltonian models for rotational, vibrational, and electronic structure; transition selection rules and relative intensities; diagnostic patterns and experimental methods for the assignment of non-textbook spectra; breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation (spectroscopic perturbations); the stationary phase approximation; nondegenerate and quasidegenerate perturbation theory (van Vleck transformation); qualitative molecular orbital theory (Walsh diagrams); the notation of atomic and molecular spectroscopy.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Process Control and Instrumentation by IIT Kharagpur
- Plantwide Control of Chemical Processes by IIT Kanpur
- Thermochemistry by Other
- Chemistry by Khan Academy
- Fundamentals of Transport Processes by IISc Bangalore
- Mass Transfer by IIT Kanpur
- Microscale Transport Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Novel Separation Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Advance Analytical Course by IIT Kanpur
- Polymer Chemistry by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Chemistry lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer