Lecture Details :
More on 2x2 matrices, rotations, rotations, reflections and linear transformations. Included are some applications to calculus: explaining how a linear map approximates a non-linear map, leading to the notion of a derivative of a function as a linear transformation.
NJ Wildberger is also the developer of Rational Trigonometry: a new and better way of learning and using trigonometry---see his WildTrig YouTube series under user `njwildberger'. There you can also find his series on Algebraic Topology, History of Mathematics and Universal Hyperbolic Geometry.
Course Description :
This course on Linear Algebra is meant for first year undergraduates or college students. It presents the subject in a visual geometric way, with special orientation to applications and understanding of key concepts. The subject naturally sits inside affine algebraic geometry. Flexibility in choosing coordinate frameworks is essential for understanding the subject. Determinants also play an important role, and these are introduced in the context of multi-vectors in the sense of Grassmann. NJ Wildberger is also the developer of Rational Trigonometry: a new and better way of learning and using trigonometry.
Other Resources :
Other Mathematics Courses
- College Algebra by University of Missouri Kansas City
- Mathematics I by IIT Kanpur
- Miscellaneous Mathematics by Other
- Multivariable Calculus II by Other
- Multivariable Calculus by MIT
- Math 65 - Introductory Algebra-2nd Term by Portland Community College
- differential equations III by Other
- Introduction to Geometry by Other
- Pre Algebra by Other
- An Introduction to Riemann Surfaces and Algebraic Curves: Complex 1-Tori and Elliptic Curves by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Mathematics lectures