Lecture Details :
I discuss and solve an example where the location and nature of critical points of a function of two variables is sought. The method is to calculate the partial derivatives, set them to zero and then solve to find the critical points. The critical points are then classified by employing the 2nd derivative test for functions of two variables.
Such an example is seen in 2nd year university mathematics subjects.
Course Description :
Topics covered will include important aspects of applied mathematics used in engineering, such as: multivariable calculus; vector calculus; differential equations; Laplace transforms; Fourier series.
Other Resources :
Other Mathematics Courses
- University Calculus by The University of New South Wales
- Mobius Function by Other
- Mathematical Methods for Engineers II by MIT
- MA 103 - Topics in Contemporary Mathematics by North Carolina State University
- Mathematics for Finance and Actuarial Studies 1 by Other
- AMC Polynomials and their Zeros by Other
- Partial differential equations by Other
- California Standards Test: Algebra II by Khan Academy
- Statistics by Khan Academy
- Multivariable Calculus II by Other
» check out the complete list of Mathematics lectures