Lecture Details :
(Long-26 minutes) Presentation on spreadsheet to show that the normal distribution approximates the binomial distribution for a large number of trials.
Course Description :
The Average - Sample vs. Population Mean - Variance of a Population - Sample Variance - Standard Deviation - Alternate Variance Formulas - Introduction to Random Variables - Probability Density Functions - Binomial Distribution -Expected Value: E(X) - Expected Value of Binomial Distribution: Statistics
Poisson Process - Law of Large Numbers - Normal Distribution Excel Exercise - Introduction to the Normal Distribution Problems: Qualitative sense of normal distributions,z-score - Empirical Rule - Standard Normal Distribution and the Empirical Rule-ck12.org: More Empirical Rule and Z-score practice - Central Limit Theorem - Sampling Distribution of the Sample Mean - Standard Error of the Mean
Other Resources :
Other Mathematics Courses
- Analytic Geometry and Calculus I,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Measure and Integration by IIT Bombay
- California Standards Test: Algebra II by Khan Academy
- Probability by Khan Academy
- Mathematics I by IIT Kanpur
- Trigonometry by Khan Academy
- Advanced Matrix Theory by IISc Bangalore
- Math 95 - Intermediate Algebra by Portland Community College
- AMC Complex Numbers by Other
- Vector Calculus by The University of New South Wales
» check out the complete list of Mathematics lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer