Lecture Details :
The Finite Square Well Potential, case: E ≤ V₀
Solving the Schrödinger equation inside the well is a little different. Recall the theorem that bound states of a particle in a symmetric potential have definite parity: they are either even or odd functions.
V(-x) = V(x) ⇒ Ψ(-x) = ±Ψ(x)
We use this theorem to progress in the problem.
For an in-depth study, check out www.gaussianmath.com
Course Description :
Our focus now is on solving physical one-dimensional problems - infinite square well potential, potential barrier, harmonic oscillator, and the most common phenomena of tunneling.
Other Resources :
Other Mechanical Courses
- Welding Engineering by IIT Roorkee
- Conduction and Radiation by IIT Madras
- Experimental Stress Analysis by IIT Madras
- Atomistic Computer Modeling of Materials by MIT
- Advanced Finite Elements Analysis by IIT Madras
- Finite Element Method by IIT Kanpur
- Design and Optimization of Energy Systems by IIT Madras
- Engineering Mechanics ( IIT Guwahati) by IIT Guwahati
- Cryogenic Engineering by IIT Bombay
- Design of Machine Elements I by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Mechanical courses