Lecture Details :
Chemistry 51A taught by Dr. James Nowick. This course covers topics such as bonding and structures, acids and bases, organic molecules and functional groups, alkanes, stereochemistry, organic reactions, Alkyl Halides and Nucleophilic Substitution, Alkyl Halides and Elimination Reactions, and other various topics.
Follow this link to the course website: https://eee.uci.edu/09f/40350/
Course Description :
Introduction - Excerpt-Bond Polarity, Formal Charge, Lewis Structures-Resonance Structures, Skeletal Structures, Bond Length - Orbital Models of Structure and Bonding - Acids and Bases - Acid Strength and Equilibria - Lewis Acids, Lewis Bases, and Organic Reaction Mechanisms - Organic - Compounds and Functional Groups - Hydrocarbons, Alcohols, Amines-Carbonyl Compounds, Intermolecular Forces-Introduction to Alkanes-Nomenclature of Alkanes, Conformations of Ethane
Conformations of Butane and Cycloalkanes - Introduction to Stereochemistry - Assigning Tetrahedral Stereogenic Centers - Meso Compounds - Properties of Chiral Compounds - Introduction to Understanding Organic Reactions - Energy Diagrams, Transition States, and Reaction Rates - Energetics of Reactions - Introduction to Alkyl Halides and Nuceophilic Substitution - Mechanistic and Stereochemical Aspects of SN2 Reactions - Properties of Electrophiles, Leaving Groups, and Nucleophiles - Elimination Reactions. Introduction to E2 Reactions - Regiochemical and Stereochemical Course of E2 Reactions
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Principles of Chemical Science II by MIT
- Novel Separation Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Plantwide Control of Chemical Processes by IIT Kanpur
- Fundamentals of Transport Processes by IISc Bangalore
- Rate Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Heterocyclic Chemistry by IIT Kharagpur
- Small Molecule Spectroscopy and Dynamics by MIT
- Instability and Patterning of Thin Polymer Films by IIT Kharagpur
- Eukaryotic Gene Expression by IISc Bangalore
- Process Design Decisions and Project Economics by IIT Guwahati
» check out the complete list of Chemistry lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer