Lecture Details :
Course Description :
Basic model of computation, Notion of Algorithms, Principle of Mathematical Induction - Basics of functional programming, notion of types - Iterative versus recursive style - Correctness and efficiency issues in programming, time and space measures - Basics of imperative style programming - Assertions and loop invariants - Top down design and examples of step-wise refinement - Programming using structures, introduction to encapsulation and object oriented programming.
laboratory activities : Simple exercises and examples to introduce to student to the computing environment and usage of computers - Simple exercises and examples of functional programming - Examples of program correctness and experimental verification of efficiency and scaling - Simple imperative programming - A moderate size example of top down design, step-wise refinement and rapid prototyping to develop an imprative style modular program with structures.
Other Resources :
Other Computer Science Courses
- Theory of Computation I by IIT Madras
- CSEP 503 Principles of Software Engineering by University of Washington
- Artificial Intelligence III by IIT Madras
- CSEP 590TU Practical Aspects of Modern Cryptography by University of Washington
- Software Engineering II by Other
- Biometrics by IIT Kanpur
- Internet Technology by IIT Kharagpur
- Computer Science III: Programming Paradigms by Stanford
- Introduction to Computer Science I by Harvard
- Computer System Engineering by MIT
» check out the complete list of Computer Science Video lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer