Lecture Details :
Course Description :
Basic model of computation, Notion of Algorithms, Principle of Mathematical Induction - Basics of functional programming, notion of types - Iterative versus recursive style - Correctness and efficiency issues in programming, time and space measures - Basics of imperative style programming - Assertions and loop invariants - Top down design and examples of step-wise refinement - Programming using structures, introduction to encapsulation and object oriented programming.
laboratory activities : Simple exercises and examples to introduce to student to the computing environment and usage of computers - Simple exercises and examples of functional programming - Examples of program correctness and experimental verification of efficiency and scaling - Simple imperative programming - A moderate size example of top down design, step-wise refinement and rapid prototyping to develop an imprative style modular program with structures.
Other Resources :
Other Computer Science Courses
- CSEP 590B Computing for the Developing World by University of Washington
- 3Ds Max 2010 by Other
- Unix OS, Spring 2012 by Other
- Performance Evaluation of Computer Systems by IIT Madras
- Principles of Programming Languages by IIT Delhi
- Understanding Computers and the Internet by Harvard
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs by MIT
- Digital Systems Design by IIT Kharagpur
- Computer System Engineering by MIT
» check out the complete list of Computer Science Video lectures