Lecture Details :
Session 7: Vito Acconci Studio
View the complete course at: http://ocw.mit.edu/4-370F05
License: Creative Commons BY-NC-SA
More information at http://ocw.mit.edu/terms
More courses at http://ocw.mit.edu
Course Description :
"Parrhesia" was an Athenian right to frank and open speaking, the right that, like the First Amendment, demands a "fearless speaker" who must challenge political powers with criticism and unsolicited advice. Can designer and artist respond today to such a democratic call and demand? Is it possible to do so despite the (increasing) restrictions imposed on our liberties today? Can the designer or public artist operate as a proactive "parrhesiatic" agent and contribute to the protection, development and dissemination of "fearless speaking" in Public Space?
Other Resources :
Other Civil Engineering Courses
- Stochastic Structural Dynamics by IISc Bangalore
- Introduction to Transportation Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- Water Resources Engineering by IIT Kanpur
- Probability Methods in Civil Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- Concrete Technology by IIT Delhi
- Modern Construction Materials by IIT Madras
- Structural Dynamics by IIT Bombay
- Advanced Structural Analysis by IIT Madras
- Environmental Air Pollution by IIT Kanpur
- Transportation Engineering II by IIT Roorkee
» check out the complete list of Civil Engineering lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer