Lecture Details :
German 59: Holocaust in Film and Literature is a course that provides insight into the History of Holocaust and its present memory through examination of challenges and problems encountered in trying to imagine its horror through media of literature and film.
About the Professor:
Todd Presner is Associate Professor of Germanic Languages, Comparative Literature, and Jewish Studies. His research focuses on German-Jewish intellectual and cultural history, the history of media, visual culture, digital humanities, and cultural geography. He is the author of two books: The first, Mobile Modernity: Germans, Jews, Trains (Columbia University Press, 2007), maps German-Jewish intellectual history onto the development of the railway system; the second, Muscular Judaism: The Jewish Body and the Politics of Regeneration (Routledge, 2007), analyzes the aesthetic dimensions of the strong Jewish body.
Note: Some clips and images may have been blurred or removed to avoid copyright infringement.
* See all the UCLA German 59: Holocaust in Film and Literature classes in this series: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E162D5967A29AA3B
* See more courses from UCLA: http://www.youtube.com/uclacourses
* See more from UCLA's main channel on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/ucla
Course Description :
Holocaust in Film and Literature is a course that provides insight into the History of Holocaust and its present memory through examination of challenges and problems encountered in trying to imagine its horror through media of literature and film
Other Resources :
These Course Lecture Videos are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License by UCLA.
Other Literature Courses
- Dante in Translation by Yale
- Understanding Creativity and Creative Writing by IIT Bombay
- Development of the Novel by University of Houston
- Introduction to Theory of Literature by Yale
- Nobel Prize Winners in Literature by University of Houston
- Contemporary Literature by IIT Madras
- Milton by Yale
- New Testament History and Literature by Yale
- The American Novel Since 1945 by Yale
- The Contemporary Novel: Magical Realism by University of Houston
» check out the complete list of Literature lectures