Lecture Details :
http://www.globalchange.com/sustainagility.htm Reengineering the future. How to change the future as part of business strategy to create a better world and a more profitable one. New digital channels, twitter, facebook and other social networks. Drivers of future economies. Concerns about sustainability, using less resources, and $40 trillion green technology book (see Sustainagility book). Corporate and social responsibility as away to improve brand, image, marketing, sales, pricing, competitive advantage and market share. When energy costs rise, big financial incentives to make business more energy and resource efficient. Ethical business also increases attractiveness to institutional investors like pension funds. Examples of energy saving, electric cars, re-engineering processes, products and manufacturing. New DC power lines to enable solar power from solar generators in sahara desert to power Europe. Same for wind power and turbines. Impact of scale on price of renewable energy production eg fall of solar cells by 10% with every doubling in sales. Hundreds of other examples of profitable business being built on the sustainagility revolution. Cycle of maintenance, repair and replacement provides huge opportunities for sale of greener products, packed with green technology and innovations.
Patrick Dixon, Chair of Nordic Business Awards, London Stock Exchange March 2010 organized by UK Trade and Investment, UK Government.
Course Description :
Manufacturing, manufacturers, production, raw materials, assembly lines, factories, product design, research and development, innovation. Conference keynote speaker and Futurist Patrick Dixon.
Other Resources :
Other Business Management Courses
- Leadership by Harvard Business by Harvard
- Organisational Behaviour by London School of Business and Finance
- Biotechnology - biotech and pharmaceutical industry. by Other
- Strategic Planning by London School of Business and Finance
- Management Information System by IIT Kharagpur
- Top 10 Things You Must Have to Start a Business by Stanford
- Sustainagility - how innovation will help save world by Other
- Patrick Dixon keynote conference speaker with others. by Other
- Innovation by Harvard
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma Methods by MIT
» check out the complete list of Business Management courses
Business Management Lecture Notes