Lecture Details :
Fundamentals of Physics, II (PHYS 201)
The course begins with a discussion of electricity. The concept of charge is introduced, and the properties of electrical forces are compared with those of other familiar forces, such as gravitation. Coulomb's Law, along with the principle of superposition, allows for the calculation of electrostatic forces from a given charge distribution.
Complete course materials are available at the Open Yale Courses website: http://open.yale.edu/courses
This course was recorded in Spring 2010.
Course Description :
This is a continuation of the introductory course on the principles and methods of physics for students who have good preparation in physics and mathematics. This course covers electricity, magnetism, optics and quantum mechanics.
Other Resources :
Other Physics Courses
- Material Science by IIT Delhi
- Relativistic Quantum Mechanics by IISc Bangalore
- Special Topics in Classical Mechanics by IIT Madras
- Torque and Angular Momentum by Other
- Electromagnetics and Applications by MIT
- Physics by Khan Academy
- Soft X-Rays and Extreme Ultraviolet Radiation by UC Berkeley
- Quantum Mechanics I by IIT Madras
- Semiconductor Optoelectronics by IIT Delhi
- Moment of Inertia by Other
» check out the complete list of Physics lectures