Lecture Details :
Fundamentals of Physics, II (PHYS 201)
The mathematics underlying LCR circuit theory for AC currents is discussed. Complex numbers are used to convert differential equations to algebraic equations. The notion of impedance is introduced. The radio is used to illustrate the concepts of resonance and variable capacitance. The body of classical electromagnetism treated so far is reviewed and summarized. The displacement current is introduced, leading to the complete Maxwell equations.
Complete course materials are available at the Open Yale Courses website: http://open.yale.edu/courses
This course was recorded in Spring 2010.
Course Description :
This is a continuation of the introductory course on the principles and methods of physics for students who have good preparation in physics and mathematics. This course covers electricity, magnetism, optics and quantum mechanics.
Other Resources :
Other Physics Courses
- Engineering Mechanics by IIT Kanpur
- The Fourier Transform and its Applications by Stanford
- Darwin's Legacy by Stanford
- Physics 220 - General Physics II by University of Missouri Kansas City
- The Theoretical Minimum Quantum Mechanics by Stanford
- Quantum Mechanics and Applications by IIT Delhi
- Work and Energy by Other
- Soft X-Rays and Extreme Ultraviolet Radiation by UC Berkeley
- Electromagnetics and Applications by MIT
- Physics I: Oscillations and Waves by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Physics lectures