Lecture Details :
Fundamentals of Physics, II (PHYS 201)
The mathematics underlying LCR circuit theory for AC currents is discussed. Complex numbers are used to convert differential equations to algebraic equations. The notion of impedance is introduced. The radio is used to illustrate the concepts of resonance and variable capacitance. The body of classical electromagnetism treated so far is reviewed and summarized. The displacement current is introduced, leading to the complete Maxwell equations.
Complete course materials are available at the Open Yale Courses website: http://open.yale.edu/courses
This course was recorded in Spring 2010.
Course Description :
This is a continuation of the introductory course on the principles and methods of physics for students who have good preparation in physics and mathematics. This course covers electricity, magnetism, optics and quantum mechanics.
Other Resources :
Other Physics Courses
- Plasma Physics: Fundamentals and Applications by IIT Delhi
- Nuclear Physics Fundamentals and Application by IIT Kanpur
- Physics 250:Physics for Scientists and Engineers-II by University of Missouri Kansas City
- Physics 220 - General Physics II, Spring 2010 by University of Missouri Kansas City
- Physics 210 - General Physics I by University of Missouri Kansas City
- Modern Physics: Statistical Mechanics by Stanford
- Physics 220 - General Physics II by University of Missouri Kansas City
- Physics I Classical Mechanics by MIT
- Modern Physics: Classical Mechanics by Stanford
- Physics I by Other
» check out the complete list of Physics lectures