Lecture Details :
Fundamentals of Physics, II (PHYS 201)
The mathematics underlying LCR circuit theory for AC currents is discussed. Complex numbers are used to convert differential equations to algebraic equations. The notion of impedance is introduced. The radio is used to illustrate the concepts of resonance and variable capacitance. The body of classical electromagnetism treated so far is reviewed and summarized. The displacement current is introduced, leading to the complete Maxwell equations.
Complete course materials are available at the Open Yale Courses website: http://open.yale.edu/courses
This course was recorded in Spring 2010.
Course Description :
This is a continuation of the introductory course on the principles and methods of physics for students who have good preparation in physics and mathematics. This course covers electricity, magnetism, optics and quantum mechanics.
Other Resources :
Other Physics Courses
- Darwin's Legacy by Stanford
- Quantum Electronics by IIT Delhi
- Condensed Matter Physics by IIT Madras
- Work and Energy by Other
- Essential Cosmology for the Next Generation by UC Berkeley
- Moment of Inertia by Other
- Particle Physics: Basic Concepts by Stanford
- Electromagnetics and Applications by MIT
- Quantum Mechanics I by IIT Madras
- Newton's Laws by Other
» check out the complete list of Physics lectures