Lecture Details :
Fundamentals of Physics, II (PHYS 201)
The mathematics underlying LCR circuit theory for AC currents is discussed. Complex numbers are used to convert differential equations to algebraic equations. The notion of impedance is introduced. The radio is used to illustrate the concepts of resonance and variable capacitance. The body of classical electromagnetism treated so far is reviewed and summarized. The displacement current is introduced, leading to the complete Maxwell equations.
Complete course materials are available at the Open Yale Courses website: http://open.yale.edu/courses
This course was recorded in Spring 2010.
Course Description :
This is a continuation of the introductory course on the principles and methods of physics for students who have good preparation in physics and mathematics. This course covers electricity, magnetism, optics and quantum mechanics.
Other Resources :
Other Physics Courses
- Thermodynamics and Kinetics by MIT
- Engineering Mechanics by IIT Kanpur
- Topics in String Theory ,Winter 2011 by Stanford
- Darwin's Legacy by Stanford
- Engineering Physics II by IIT Kanpur
- Artificial Intelligence: Introduction to Robotics by Stanford
- Topics in Nonlinear Dynamics by IIT Madras
- Quantum Mechanics I by IIT Madras
- Physics 250:Physics for Scientists and Engineers-II by University of Missouri Kansas City
- Classical Physics by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Physics lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer