Lecture Details :
In Part 6, of a beginners tutorial on the Linux shell I cover searching for files and directories with the locate, updatedb and sudo commands. I elevate to root permissions with the sudo command, index the files on the system with the updatedb comand, then run the locate command to search for specific files. I also cover examining file types with the file command.
Course Description :
Course Description not available
Other Resources :
Other Programming Courses
- iPhone Application Development (Winter 2010) by Stanford
- Computer Science III: Programming Paradigms by Stanford
- Android by Other
- COP2800 Java Programming by Other
- Introduction to Computer Science and Programming by MIT
- C Programming and Data Structures by IIT Kharagpur
- iPhone Application Development,Spring 2012 by Other
- Multicore Programming Primer by MIT
- AJAX by Other
- Android Application Development,Spring 2012 by Other
» check out the complete list of Programming courses
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer