Lecture Details :
In Part 6, of a beginners tutorial on the Linux shell I cover searching for files and directories with the locate, updatedb and sudo commands. I elevate to root permissions with the sudo command, index the files on the system with the updatedb comand, then run the locate command to search for specific files. I also cover examining file types with the file command.
Course Description :
Course Description not available
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Other Resources :
Other Programming Courses
- HTML/CSS by Other
- Dreamweaver by Other
- iPhone Development by Other
- Computer Science I: Programming Methodology by Stanford
- XHTML and CSS by Other
- AJAX by Other
- Android Application Development,Spring 2012 by Other
- OOPs In Java,Fall 2011 by Other
- COMP1400 Programming for Designers by The University of New South Wales
- iPhone Application Development (Winter 2010) by Stanford
» check out the complete list of Programming courses