Lecture Details :
Linear block codes; Bounds on the size of a block code; Bounded and maximum-likelihood decoding of binary block codes; standard array decoding.
Course Description :
Error-correcting codes are in widespread use for data storage as well as most forms of communication where reliability is of importance. Examples range from compact discs to deep-space communication.
This course will cover both classical error-correcting codes such as BCH, Reed-Solomon and convolutional codes as well as the more modern class of iteratively decodable codes, low-density, parity-check codes in particular.
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- Analog Integrated Circuit Design by IIT Madras
- Electrical Machines - I by IIT Kharagpur
- An Introduction to Electronics System Packaging by IISc Bangalore
- Industrial Automation and Control by IIT Kharagpur
- Introduction to Digital Integrated Circuits,Spring 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Power Electronics by IIT Bombay
- Power System Operations and Control by IIT Kanpur
- ECE5760 FPGA by Cornell University
- VLSI Device Modeling(Circuits and Systems) by IIT Kharagpur
- Advanced Topics in Circuit Design by UC Berkeley
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures
Electrical Engineering Lecture Notes
- EE 201.3: Electric and Magnetic Circuits II by University of Saskatchewan
- Optical Fibers by University of Leeds
- EE521 Digital Signal Processing by Binghampton University
- ECE 3700 : Fundamentals of Digital System Design by University of Utah