Lecture Details :
Linear block codes; Bounds on the size of a block code; Bounded and maximum-likelihood decoding of binary block codes; standard array decoding.
Course Description :
Error-correcting codes are in widespread use for data storage as well as most forms of communication where reliability is of importance. Examples range from compact discs to deep-space communication.
This course will cover both classical error-correcting codes such as BCH, Reed-Solomon and convolutional codes as well as the more modern class of iteratively decodable codes, low-density, parity-check codes in particular.
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- Microcontroller student projects by Cornell University
- Switched Mode Power Conversion by IISc Bangalore
- ECET 300 Circuit Analysis: Transform Methods by New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- Introduction to Digital Integrated Circuits,Spring 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- Power Systems Operation and Control by IIT Kanpur
- Industrial Drives and Power Electronics by IISc Bangalore
- Networks and Systems by IIT Madras
- Dynamics of Physical System by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures