Lecture Details :
Basics of convolutional codes; the Viterbi decoding algorithm.
Course Description :
Error-correcting codes are in widespread use for data storage as well as most forms of communication where reliability is of importance. Examples range from compact discs to deep-space communication.
This course will cover both classical error-correcting codes such as BCH, Reed-Solomon and convolutional codes as well as the more modern class of iteratively decodable codes, low-density, parity-check codes in particular.
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- Linear Integrated Circuits by UC Berkeley
- Advanced Analog Integrated Circuits,Spring 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Advanced 3G and 4G Wireless Mobile Communications by IIT Kanpur
- Control Engineering I by IIT Delhi
- Energy Seminar by Stanford
- An Introduction to Electronics System Packaging by IISc Bangalore
- Industrial Drives and Power Electronics by IISc Bangalore
- Advanced Topics in Circuit Design by UC Berkeley
- VLSI Device Modeling(Circuits and Systems) by IIT Kharagpur
- Intelligent Systems and Control by IIT Kanpur
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures
Electrical Engineering Lecture Notes
- ECE 3700 : Fundamentals of Digital System Design by University of Utah
- EE 201.3: Electric and Magnetic Circuits II by University of Saskatchewan
- EE521 Digital Signal Processing by Binghampton University
- Optical Fibers by University of Leeds