Lecture Details :
Course overview; Basics of binary block codes for the binary symmetric channel; Mathematical preliminaries: groups, subgroups and cosets.
Course Description :
Error-correcting codes are in widespread use for data storage as well as most forms of communication where reliability is of importance. Examples range from compact discs to deep-space communication.
This course will cover both classical error-correcting codes such as BCH, Reed-Solomon and convolutional codes as well as the more modern class of iteratively decodable codes, low-density, parity-check codes in particular.
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- An Introduction to Electronics System Packaging by IISc Bangalore
- Introduction to Finite Element Method by IIT Madras
- Illumination Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- Dynamics of Physical System by IIT Kharagpur
- Industrial Automation and Control by IIT Kharagpur
- Microelectronic Devices and Circuits,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Optimal Control by IIT Kharagpur
- Energy Seminar by Stanford
- Embedded Signal Processing (real time) by IIT Kharagpur
- Power Systems Operation and Control by IIT Kanpur
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures