Lecture Details :
The GDL perspective on the Viterbi and BCJR decoding algorithms; Turbo codes in brief.
Course Description :
Error-correcting codes are in widespread use for data storage as well as most forms of communication where reliability is of importance. Examples range from compact discs to deep-space communication.
This course will cover both classical error-correcting codes such as BCH, Reed-Solomon and convolutional codes as well as the more modern class of iteratively decodable codes, low-density, parity-check codes in particular.
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- ECE5760 FPGA by Cornell University
- Power System Dynamics by IIT Delhi
- Introduction to Digital Integrated Circuits,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- FPGA Verilog student projects by Cornell University
- Energy Seminar by Stanford
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- Chaos, Fractals and Dynamical Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- Switched Mode Power Conversion by IISc Bangalore
- Embedded Systems by IIT Delhi
- Illumination Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures