Lecture Details :
Course overview; Basics of binary block codes for the binary symmetric channel; Mathematical preliminaries: groups, subgroups and cosets.
Course Description :
Error-correcting codes are in widespread use for data storage as well as most forms of communication where reliability is of importance. Examples range from compact discs to deep-space communication.
This course will cover both classical error-correcting codes such as BCH, Reed-Solomon and convolutional codes as well as the more modern class of iteratively decodable codes, low-density, parity-check codes in particular.
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- Analog Integrated Circuit Design by IIT Madras
- Microcontroller student projects by Cornell University
- Power System Operations and Control by IIT Kanpur
- Illumination Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- Introduction to MEMS Design,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Power Systems Operation and Control by IIT Kanpur
- Intelligent Systems and Control by IIT Kanpur
- Power Electronics by IIT Bombay
- Advanced Topics in Circuit Design by UC Berkeley
- FPGA Verilog student projects by Cornell University
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures