Lecture Details :
Linear block codes; Bounds on the size of a block code; Bounded and maximum-likelihood decoding of binary block codes; standard array decoding.
Course Description :
Error-correcting codes are in widespread use for data storage as well as most forms of communication where reliability is of importance. Examples range from compact discs to deep-space communication.
This course will cover both classical error-correcting codes such as BCH, Reed-Solomon and convolutional codes as well as the more modern class of iteratively decodable codes, low-density, parity-check codes in particular.
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- Advanced Topics in Circuit Design by UC Berkeley
- Introduction to Digital Integrated Circuits,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Optimal Control by IIT Kharagpur
- VLSI Broadband Communication Circuits by IIT Madras
- Energy Seminar by Stanford
- Circuit Theory by IIT Delhi
- Industrial Instrumentation by IIT Kharagpur
- Digital Integrated Circuits (IITMadras) by IIT Madras
- Introduction to MEMS Design,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- An Introduction to Electronics System Packaging by IISc Bangalore
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures