Lecture Details :
Linear block codes; Bounds on the size of a block code; Bounded and maximum-likelihood decoding of binary block codes; standard array decoding.
Course Description :
Error-correcting codes are in widespread use for data storage as well as most forms of communication where reliability is of importance. Examples range from compact discs to deep-space communication.
This course will cover both classical error-correcting codes such as BCH, Reed-Solomon and convolutional codes as well as the more modern class of iteratively decodable codes, low-density, parity-check codes in particular.
Other Resources :
Other Electrical Engineering Courses
- Energy Resources and Technology by IIT Kharagpur
- Industrial Instrumentation by IIT Kharagpur
- FPGA Verilog student projects by Cornell University
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- Analog VLSI and CAD by IIT Kharagpur
- Industrial Drives and Power Electronics by IISc Bangalore
- Illumination Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- Dynamics of Physical System by IIT Kharagpur
- Linear Integrated Circuits by UC Berkeley
- VLSI Device Modeling(Circuits and Systems) by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Electrical Engineering Video lectures
Electrical Engineering Lecture Notes
- ECE 3700 : Fundamentals of Digital System Design by University of Utah
- Optical Fibers by University of Leeds
- EE 201.3: Electric and Magnetic Circuits II by University of Saskatchewan
- EE521 Digital Signal Processing by Binghampton University