Lecture Details :
Security Analysis and Portfolio Management by Prof. J. Mahakud and Prof. C.S. Mishra , Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, IIT Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
This course provides a broad overview of investment management, focusing on the application of finance theory to the issue faced by portfolio managers and investors in general.
Topics will include the topics of equity investment, and fixed income investment in various markets in the case of individual securities and issues related to portfolio optimization and performance evaluation.
This also deals with the risk management instruments used to manage the risk in equity market. It provides the extensive idea about the mutual fund investment and develops general portfolio management tools which are applicable when managing portfolios with any of all asset classes.
In this context the main objectives of this course are:
(i) to provide a theoretical and practical background in the field of investments.
(ii) designing and managing the bond as well as equity portfolios in the real word.
(iii) valuing equity and debt instruments.
(iv) managing the mutual funds.
(v) measuring the portfolio performances.
Other Resources :
Other Business Management Courses
- Convergence and divergence in technology. by Other
- Marketing Management by London School of Business and Finance
- Leadership by Harvard Business by Harvard
- Leadership Motivation by Other
- Corporate Finance by London School of Business and Finance
- Venture Capital and Capital Markets by Khan Academy
- Strategic Management I by IIT Kharagpur
- Six Sigma by IIT Kharagpur
- Biotechnology - biotech and pharmaceutical industry. by Other
- Management Information System by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Business Management Video lectures
Business Management Lecture Notes