Lecture Details :
Security Analysis and Portfolio Management by Prof. J. Mahakud and Prof. C.S. Mishra , Department of Humanities & Social Sciences, IIT Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
This course provides a broad overview of investment management, focusing on the application of finance theory to the issue faced by portfolio managers and investors in general.
Topics will include the topics of equity investment, and fixed income investment in various markets in the case of individual securities and issues related to portfolio optimization and performance evaluation.
This also deals with the risk management instruments used to manage the risk in equity market. It provides the extensive idea about the mutual fund investment and develops general portfolio management tools which are applicable when managing portfolios with any of all asset classes.
In this context the main objectives of this course are:
(i) to provide a theoretical and practical background in the field of investments.
(ii) designing and managing the bond as well as equity portfolios in the real word.
(iii) valuing equity and debt instruments.
(iv) managing the mutual funds.
(v) measuring the portfolio performances.
Other Resources :
Other Business Management Courses
- Leadership Motivation by Other
- Google Tools for Online Success by Other
- Leadership by IIT Kharagpur
- MA105 Mathematics of Finance by North Carolina State University
- Management Science by IIT Delhi
- SBA Delivering Success by Other
- Future manufacturing. by Other
- Patrick Dixon keynote conference speaker with others. by Other
- Biotechnology - biotech and pharmaceutical industry. by Other
- Future of Marketing by Other
» check out the complete list of Business Management Video lectures
Business Management Lecture Notes