Lecture Details :
Stochastic Hydrology by Prof. P. P. Mujumdar, Department of Civil Engineering, IISc Bangalore For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The objective of this course is to introduce the concepts of probability theory and stochastic processes with applications in hydrologic analysis and design.
Modeling of hydrologic time series with specific techniques for data generation and hydrologic forecasting will be dealt with.
Case study applications will be discussed.
Introduction to Random Variables (RVs).
Probability Distributions - One dimensional RVs.
Higher Dimensional RVs - Joint Distribution.
Conditional Distribution; Independence.
Properties of Random Variables.
Hydrologic Data Generation.
Introduction to Time Series - stationarity; ergodicity.
Purely stochastic Models; Markov Processes.
Spectral Density; Analysis in the Frequency Domain.
Auto Correlation and Partial Auto Correlation.
Auto Regressive Moving Average Models (Box - Jenkins models - model identification; Parameter estimation ; calibration and validation; Simulation of hydrologic time series ; Applications to Hydrologic Forecasting - case studies).
Other Resources :
Other Civil Engineering Courses
- Finite Element Analysis I by IIT Madras
- Building Materials and Construction by IIT Delhi
- Surveying by IIT Kanpur
- Geotechnical Measuements and Explorations by IIT Kanpur
- Advanced Foundation Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- Soil Dynamics by IIT Bombay
- MIT 4.370 Interrogative Design Workshop by MIT
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering by IIT Bombay
- ARCH 324 - Architectural Structures II by Open.Michigan
- Water and Wastewater Engineering by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Civil Engineering Video lectures