Lecture Details :
Stochastic Hydrology by Prof. P. P. Mujumdar, Department of Civil Engineering, IISc Bangalore For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The objective of this course is to introduce the concepts of probability theory and stochastic processes with applications in hydrologic analysis and design.
Modeling of hydrologic time series with specific techniques for data generation and hydrologic forecasting will be dealt with.
Case study applications will be discussed.
Introduction to Random Variables (RVs).
Probability Distributions - One dimensional RVs.
Higher Dimensional RVs - Joint Distribution.
Conditional Distribution; Independence.
Properties of Random Variables.
Hydrologic Data Generation.
Introduction to Time Series - stationarity; ergodicity.
Purely stochastic Models; Markov Processes.
Spectral Density; Analysis in the Frequency Domain.
Auto Correlation and Partial Auto Correlation.
Auto Regressive Moving Average Models (Box - Jenkins models - model identification; Parameter estimation ; calibration and validation; Simulation of hydrologic time series ; Applications to Hydrologic Forecasting - case studies).
Other Resources :
Other Civil Engineering Courses
- Transportation Engineering II by IIT Roorkee
- Environmental Air Pollution by IIT Kanpur
- Modern Surveying Techniques by IIT Roorkee
- Engineering Geology by IIT Kharagpur
- Fluid Mechanics by IIT Bombay
- Watershed Management by IIT Bombay
- Soil Dynamics by IIT Bombay
- Probability Methods in Civil Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- MIT 4.696 A Global History of Architecture Writing Seminar by MIT
- Hydraulics by IIT Guwahati
» check out the complete list of Civil Engineering Video lectures
Civil Engineering Lecture Notes