Lecture Details :
Econometric Modelling by Dr. Rudra P. Pradhan, Department of Management, IIT Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The objective of this course is to present a comprehensive tools and techniques for managerial decision making including problem of cost estimation, market size determination, sales projection, stock price prediction, etc.
It has two parts. First part deals with regression-based modeling, which captures the behavior of variable through a structural model based on theory.
The second part deals with time series modeling, which concentrates on the dynamic characteristics of economic and financial data. The tentative subject outline is described below.
What is Econometrics? Difference between Econometrics, Mathematics and Statistics, Basics of Model Building, Basics of Business Forecasting, Univariate Statistics, Bivariate Statistics, Probability and Hypothesis Testing.
Bivariate Econometric Modelling, Trivariate Econometric Modelling, Multivariate Econometric Modelling, Multicolinearity, Serial Correlation, Heteroskedasticity, DG Test, Dummy Variable Econometric Modelling.
Panel Data Modelling, Lag Modelling, Identification Problem, Structural Equation Modelling, Basics of Time Series, Box- Jenkins Methods, Error Measurements, Univariate Time Series Modelling.
Unit Root Test, Cointegration Test, Causality Test, VECM, ARM, MAM, ARIMA, ARCH, GARCH, EGARCH, TGARCH.
Other Resources :
Other Business Management Courses
- Google Tools for Online Success by Other
- Future of Insurance Industry. by Other
- Operations and Supply Chain Management by IIT Madras
- Manufacturing Systems Management by IIT Madras
- Strategic Management I by IIT Kharagpur
- Biotechnology - biotech and pharmaceutical industry. by Other
- SBA Delivering Success by Other
- Management Science by IIT Delhi
- Future manufacturing. by Other
- International Business Communication by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Business Management Video lectures