Lecture Details :
Modern Instrumental Methods of Analysis by Dr. J.R. Mudakavi ,Department of Chemical Engineering, IISC Bangalore. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
This course is designed to familiarize the students with various instrumental methods of chemical analysis that scientists and engineers come across during their course work and research undertakings.
The participants are introduced to the principles of chemical analysis, matrix effects, detailed instrumentation, operation and interpretation of data, error analysis and statistical methods of data handling.
At the end of the course the student would be able to handle the analysis of mg, ppm and ppb levels of analyte by appropriate instrumental methods.
Applications: Chemical analysis of hazardous materials, environmental samples, inorganic, organic and biomaterials at trace and ultra trace quantities.
Introduction to spectroscopic techniques.
UV - Vis Spectrophotometry, Nephelometry, Turbidimetry, Reflectance Spectrometry, Fluorescence, Phosphorescence Spectrometry.
Flame Emission and Atomic Absorption Spectrometry, Electrothermal AAS, Hydride generation AAS and Flameless mercury analysis.
Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Analysis.
Introduction to X-Ray techniques, XRF.
Introduction to NMR spectroscopy and mass spectrometry.
Electroanalytical techniques: Potentiometry, Voltametry, Polarography.
Chromatographic analysis: GC, LC, HPLC, Hyphenated techniques.
Errors, statistical methods of data handling.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Multiphase Flow by IIT Kharagpur
- Particle Characterization by IIT Madras
- Rate Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Chemical Reaction Engineering by IISc Bangalore
- Fundamental of Chemistry by University of Houston
- Green Chemistry: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Sustainability by UC Berkeley
- Instability and Patterning of Thin Polymer Films by IIT Kharagpur
- Microscale Transport Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Organic Chemistry - Khan Academy by Khan Academy
- Fundamentals of Transport Processes by IISc Bangalore
» check out the complete list of Chemistry Video lectures
Chemistry Lecture Notes
- Chemistry 331: Elements of Organic Chemistry I by Portland Community College
- CHEM-5151 Atmospheric Chemistry by University of Colorado
- Chem 724: Inorganic Structure & Bonding by Tulane University
- Elementary Quantum Chemistry by Georgia Institute of Technology
- Bio 202: Genetics by University College London
- Physical Chemistry by Colby College in Maine
- Chem 226: Elementary Organic Chemistry by State University of New York
- CHM 240: Organic Chemistry by University of Toronto
- Organic 1 by Rutgers State University of New Jersey
- CEM 924 Intro to Surface Analysis by University of Michigan