Lecture Details :
Materials and Energy Balance in Metallurgical Processes by Prof. S. C. Koria, Department of Materials Science & Engineering, IIT Kanpur For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
ntroduction, Relationship between energy balance, energy conservation and environment; Dimensions, units and conversion factors; Stoichiometry; Principles of calculations; Sampling and measurements.
Principles of materials and energy balance; Laws of thermodynamics, Thermochemistry, and illustration of the concepts with suitable example, Fundamental Principles of metal extraction and refining and combustion, carbonization and gasification.
Set up of material balance problems in mineral processing unit operations, Set up and illustration of energy balances in various unit processes like calcinations, sintering, roasting, smelting, converting, refining, gasification, carbonization, Case studies: Energy balance of a reheating furnace, rotary kiln ,etc, Integration of energy balance with clean development mechanism with an illustration.
Other Resources :
Other Metallurgy and Material Science Courses
- Advanced Materials and Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Environmental Degradation of Materials by IIT Kanpur
- Principles of Physical Metallurgy by IIT Kharagpur
- Non-ferrous Extractive Metallurgy by IIT Kharagpur
- Physics of Materials by IIT Madras
- Introduction to Biomaterials by IIT Kanpur
- Science and Technology of Polymers by IIT Kharagpur
- Electroceramics by IIT Kanpur
- Advanced Metallurgical Thermodynamics by IIT Madras
- Steel Making by IIT Kanpur
» check out the complete list of Metallurgy and Material Science Video lectures