Lecture Details :
Chemical Reaction Engineering by Prof.Jayant Modak,Department of Chemical Engineering,IISC Bangalore. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The objective of this course is to help the student master several advanced ideas in chemical reaction engineering, notably:
Complex chemical reaction mechanisms and kinetics.
Transport effects in multiphase reactive systems.
Advanced reactor design and stability, including consideration of the energy balance.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to design/analyze a variety of complex reacting systems in both traditional and nontraditional areas of chemical engineering.
Review of Undergraduate Reaction Engineering:
Stoichiometry, thermodynamics of reacting systems, kinetics of elementary reactions, ideal reactors: CSTR/PFR.
Kinetics of complex reactions:
Reaction mechanism and kinetics, Chain, catalytic, polymerization, biochemical reactions, Analysis of reaction network, lumping analysis, Parameter estimation.
Conservation equations for chemically reacting mixtures.
Mass transport with reaction, Catalytic and Non-catalytic, gas-solid reactions, Gas-liquid reactions.
Chemical Reactor Design:
Transient and steady state analysis, Optimal design of reactors, Multiphase reactors: fixed, fluidized, trickle bed, slurry etc, Non-ideal continuous flow reactors.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- CHEM 140B - Organic Chemistry II (C00) by UC San Diego
- Organic Photochemistry and Pericyclic Reactions by IIT Kanpur
- Particle Characterization by IIT Madras
- Fluid Mechanics III by IIT Kanpur
- Instability and Patterning of Thin Polymer Films by IIT Kharagpur
- Process Control and Instrumentation by IIT Kharagpur
- Process Design Decisions and Project Economics by IIT Guwahati
- Heat Transfer by IIT Guwahati
- Fundamental of Chemistry by University of Houston
- Chemistry of Materials by IIT Kanpur
» check out the complete list of Chemistry Video lectures
Chemistry Lecture Notes
- CHM 240: Organic Chemistry by University of Toronto
- Physical Chemistry by Colby College in Maine
- Elementary Quantum Chemistry by Georgia Institute of Technology
- Chem 226: Elementary Organic Chemistry by State University of New York
- Chem 724: Inorganic Structure & Bonding by Tulane University
- Chemistry 331: Elements of Organic Chemistry I by Portland Community College
- Organic 1 by Rutgers State University of New Jersey
- Bio 202: Genetics by University College London
- CEM 924 Intro to Surface Analysis by University of Michigan
- CHEM-5151 Atmospheric Chemistry by University of Colorado