Lecture Details :
Chemical Reaction Engineering by Prof.Jayant Modak,Department of Chemical Engineering,IISC Bangalore. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The objective of this course is to help the student master several advanced ideas in chemical reaction engineering, notably:
Complex chemical reaction mechanisms and kinetics.
Transport effects in multiphase reactive systems.
Advanced reactor design and stability, including consideration of the energy balance.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to design/analyze a variety of complex reacting systems in both traditional and nontraditional areas of chemical engineering.
Review of Undergraduate Reaction Engineering:
Stoichiometry, thermodynamics of reacting systems, kinetics of elementary reactions, ideal reactors: CSTR/PFR.
Kinetics of complex reactions:
Reaction mechanism and kinetics, Chain, catalytic, polymerization, biochemical reactions, Analysis of reaction network, lumping analysis, Parameter estimation.
Conservation equations for chemically reacting mixtures.
Mass transport with reaction, Catalytic and Non-catalytic, gas-solid reactions, Gas-liquid reactions.
Chemical Reactor Design:
Transient and steady state analysis, Optimal design of reactors, Multiphase reactors: fixed, fluidized, trickle bed, slurry etc, Non-ideal continuous flow reactors.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Introductory Quantum Mechanics by MIT
- Instability and Patterning of Thin Polymer Films by IIT Kharagpur
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering by Stanford
- Eukaryotic Gene Expression by IISc Bangalore
- Small Molecule Spectroscopy and Dynamics by MIT
- Microscale Transport Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Plantwide Control of Chemical Processes by IIT Kanpur
- Green Chemistry: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Sustainability by UC Berkeley
- Organic Photochemistry and Pericyclic Reactions by IIT Kanpur
- Chemistry II by Other
» check out the complete list of Chemistry Video lectures
Chemistry Lecture Notes
- Organic 1 by Rutgers State University of New Jersey
- CHM 240: Organic Chemistry by University of Toronto
- Chem 226: Elementary Organic Chemistry by State University of New York
- Bio 202: Genetics by University College London
- Physical Chemistry by Colby College in Maine
- Elementary Quantum Chemistry by Georgia Institute of Technology
- Chemistry 331: Elements of Organic Chemistry I by Portland Community College
- CEM 924 Intro to Surface Analysis by University of Michigan
- Chem 724: Inorganic Structure & Bonding by Tulane University
- CHEM-5151 Atmospheric Chemistry by University of Colorado