Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Circuits for Analog System Design by IISc Bangalore
- Convex Optimization II by Stanford
- Digital Electronics by Other
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- Digital Voice and Picture Communication by IIT Kharagpur
- High Speed Devices and Circuits by IIT Madras
- VLSI Circuits by IIT Madras
- Pattern Recognition by IISc Bangalore
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- MEMS and Microsystems by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes