Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Circuits and Electronics by MIT
- Digital Electronics by Other
- Active Filter Design by IIT Madras
- Neural Networks and Applications by IIT Kharagpur
- Digital Integrated Circuits (IITMadras) by IIT Madras
- Digital Voice and Picture Communication by IIT Kharagpur
- Circuits for Analog System Design by IISc Bangalore
- ELEC3104 Digital Signal Processing by The University of New South Wales
- Electronic Design and Automation by IIT Kharagpur
- Embedded Systems by IIT Delhi
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes