Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Basic Electronics by IIT Guwahati
- MEMS and Microsystems by IIT Kharagpur
- Digital Image Processing (IIT Kharagpur) by IIT Kharagpur
- Embedded Systems by IIT Delhi
- Analog IC Design by IIT Madras
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing by IIT Bombay
- VLSI Technology by IIT Madras
- VLSI Data Conversion Circuits by IIT Madras
- VLSI Circuits by IIT Madras
- RF Integrated Circuits by IIT Delhi
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures