Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Digital Image Processing (IIT Kharagpur) by IIT Kharagpur
- Electricity and Magnetism by MIT
- Digital Integrated Circuits (IITMadras) by IIT Madras
- MEMS and Microsystems by IIT Kharagpur
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing I by IIT Madras
- Transmission Lines and EM Waves by IIT Bombay
- Basic Electronics by IIT Guwahati
- Circuits and Electronics by MIT
- Digital Voice and Picture Communication by IIT Kharagpur
- Synchrotron Radiation for Materials Science Applications by UC Berkeley
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures