Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Electromagnetic Fields by IIT Madras
- ELEC9344 Speech and Audio Processing by The University of New South Wales
- Embedded Systems by IIT Delhi
- Digital Systems Design by IIT Kharagpur
- Solid State Devices (IIT Madras) by IIT Madras
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- Basic Electronics by IIT Guwahati
- Digital Communication by IIT Bombay
- Basic Electronics and Lab by IIT Madras
- ELEC3104 Digital Signal Processing by The University of New South Wales
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures