Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing I by IIT Madras
- ELEC9344 Speech and Audio Processing by The University of New South Wales
- Digital Communication by IIT Bombay
- Pattern Recognition by IISc Bangalore
- VLSI Circuits by IIT Madras
- Circuits for Analog System Design by IISc Bangalore
- Solid State Devices (IIT Madras) by IIT Madras
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers by IIT Kharagpur
- Digital Electronics by Other
- INTRODUCTION TO RFIC by Other
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes