Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing by IIT Bombay
- Digital Systems Design by IIT Kharagpur
- Convex Optimization II by Stanford
- Solid State Devices (IIT Madras) by IIT Madras
- Digital Integrated Circuits (IITMadras) by IIT Madras
- Transmission Lines and EM Waves by IIT Bombay
- Circuits and Electronics by MIT
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- Digital Image Processing (IIT Kharagpur) by IIT Kharagpur
- Probability and Random Processes by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes