Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Transmission Lines and EM Waves by IIT Bombay
- Circuit Theory by IIT Delhi
- Convex Optimization I by Stanford
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing II by IIT Madras
- Electricity and Magnetism by MIT
- Digital Circuits and Systems by IIT Madras
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- RF Integrated Circuits by IIT Delhi
- Solid State Devices (IIT Madras) by IIT Madras
- Introduction to Linear Dynamical Systems by Stanford
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures