Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Electricity and Magnetism by MIT
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers by IIT Kharagpur
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- ELEC9344 Speech and Audio Processing by The University of New South Wales
- Convex Optimization I by Stanford
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- Active Filter Design by IIT Madras
- RF Integrated Circuits by IIT Delhi
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing II by IIT Madras
- Digital Systems Design by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes