Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Electricity and Magnetism by MIT
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- Basic Electronics and Lab by IIT Madras
- Active Filter Design by IIT Madras
- Electromagnetic Fields by IIT Madras
- Convex Optimization II by Stanford
- Circuit Theory by IIT Delhi
- INTRODUCTION TO RFIC by Other
- Electronic Design and Automation by IIT Kharagpur
- Transmission Lines and EM Waves by IIT Bombay
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures