Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communication by Prof. R.K. Shevgaonkar,Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering ,IIT Bombay.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Solid State Devices (IIT Madras) by IIT Madras
- Circuits and Electronics by MIT
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing by IIT Bombay
- Embedded Systems by IIT Delhi
- Semiconductor Device Modeling by IIT Madras
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing I by IIT Madras
- INTRODUCTION TO RFIC by Other
- Basic Electronics and Lab by IIT Madras
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- Digital Integrated Circuits (IITMadras) by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures