Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Principles of Digital Communications I by MIT
- Neural Networks and Applications by IIT Kharagpur
- Adaptive Signal Processing by IIT Kharagpur
- ELEC9344 Speech and Audio Processing by The University of New South Wales
- Circuits and Electronics by MIT
- Convex Optimization I by Stanford
- Circuit Theory by IIT Delhi
- VLSI Circuits by IIT Madras
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing by IIT Bombay
- Electronic Design and Automation by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures