Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communication by Prof. R.K. Shevgaonkar,Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering ,IIT Bombay.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers by IIT Kharagpur
- VLSI Data Conversion Circuits by IIT Madras
- VLSI Circuits by IIT Madras
- Active Filter Design by IIT Madras
- Electricity and Magnetism by MIT
- ELEC9344 Speech and Audio Processing by The University of New South Wales
- Circuit Theory by IIT Delhi
- Semiconductor Device Modeling by IIT Madras
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing I by IIT Madras
- Digital Systems Design by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures