Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communication by Prof. R.K. Shevgaonkar,Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering ,IIT Bombay.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Circuit Theory by IIT Delhi
- Digital Hardware Design by Other
- Digital Voice and Picture Communication by IIT Kharagpur
- VLSI Technology by IIT Madras
- Active Filter Design by IIT Madras
- Transmission Lines and EM Waves by IIT Bombay
- Basic Electronics and Lab by IIT Madras
- MEMS and Microsystems by IIT Kharagpur
- RF Integrated Circuits by IIT Delhi
- ELEC3104 Digital Signal Processing by The University of New South Wales
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures