Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communication by Prof. R.K. Shevgaonkar,Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering ,IIT Bombay.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- VLSI Technology by IIT Madras
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- MEMS and Microsystems by IIT Kharagpur
- Convex Optimization I by Stanford
- Estimation of Signals and Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- Convex Optimization II by Stanford
- Transmission Lines and EM Waves by IIT Bombay
- Power Electronics and Distributed Generation by IISc Bangalore
- Digital Communication by IIT Bombay
- VLSI Data Conversion Circuits by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures