Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- VLSI Technology by IIT Madras
- Circuits for Analog System Design by IISc Bangalore
- INTRODUCTION TO RFIC by Other
- Digital Voice and Picture Communication by IIT Kharagpur
- Electricity and Magnetism by MIT
- Estimation of Signals and Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- VLSI Data Conversion Circuits by IIT Madras
- Principles of Digital Communications I by MIT
- Basic Electronics by IIT Guwahati
- Solid State Devices (IIT Madras) by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures