Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communication by Prof. R.K. Shevgaonkar,Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering ,IIT Bombay.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Transmission Lines and EM Waves by IIT Bombay
- Embedded Systems by IIT Delhi
- Adaptive Signal Processing by IIT Kharagpur
- High Speed Devices and Circuits by IIT Madras
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- RF Integrated Circuits by IIT Delhi
- Introduction to Linear Dynamical Systems by Stanford
- Digital Electronics by Other
- Estimation of Signals and Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- MEMS and Microsystems by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures