Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communication by Prof. R.K. Shevgaonkar,Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering ,IIT Bombay.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Digital Hardware Design by Other
- Adaptive Signal Processing by IIT Kharagpur
- Digital Systems Design by IIT Kharagpur
- Neural Networks and Applications by IIT Kharagpur
- Digital Integrated Circuits (IITMadras) by IIT Madras
- Convex Optimization I by Stanford
- Digital Electronics by Other
- Circuit Theory by IIT Delhi
- Synchrotron Radiation for Materials Science Applications by UC Berkeley
- RF Integrated Circuits by IIT Delhi
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures