Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communication by Prof. R.K. Shevgaonkar,Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering ,IIT Bombay.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Solid State Devices (IIT Madras) by IIT Madras
- Electromagnetic Fields by IIT Madras
- Digital Voice and Picture Communication by IIT Kharagpur
- Digital Communication by IIT Bombay
- MEMS and Microsystems by IIT Kharagpur
- VLSI Data Conversion Circuits by IIT Madras
- Basic Electronics by IIT Guwahati
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- Principles of Digital Communications I by MIT
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing I by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer