Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communication by Prof. R.K. Shevgaonkar,Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering ,IIT Bombay.For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Semiconductor Device Modeling by IIT Madras
- Electronic Design and Automation by IIT Kharagpur
- VLSI Data Conversion Circuits by IIT Madras
- High Speed Devices and Circuits by IIT Madras
- Basic Electronics by IIT Guwahati
- Adaptive Signal Processing by IIT Kharagpur
- Introduction to Linear Dynamical Systems by Stanford
- Circuit Theory by IIT Delhi
- ELEC3104 Digital Signal Processing by The University of New South Wales
- Circuits for Analog System Design by IISc Bangalore
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures