Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Neural Networks and Applications by IIT Kharagpur
- Synchrotron Radiation for Materials Science Applications by UC Berkeley
- Digital Communication by IIT Bombay
- VLSI Technology by IIT Madras
- VLSI Circuits by IIT Madras
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- Basic Electronics and Lab by IIT Madras
- Active Filter Design by IIT Madras
- Basic Electronics by IIT Guwahati
- High Speed Devices and Circuits by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures