Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Electromagnetic Fields by IIT Madras
- INTRODUCTION TO RFIC by Other
- Convex Optimization II by Stanford
- Circuits for Analog System Design by IISc Bangalore
- Estimation of Signals and Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing by IIT Bombay
- Electronic Design and Automation by IIT Kharagpur
- Embedded Systems by IIT Delhi
- Circuits and Electronics by MIT
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes