Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Digital Circuits and Systems by IIT Madras
- RF Integrated Circuits by IIT Delhi
- Solid State Devices (IIT Madras) by IIT Madras
- ELEC9344 Speech and Audio Processing by The University of New South Wales
- Digital Image Processing (IIT Kharagpur) by IIT Kharagpur
- Circuits for Analog System Design by IISc Bangalore
- Digital Electronics by Other
- Principles of Digital Communications I by MIT
- Electromagnetic Fields by IIT Madras
- Analog ICs by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures