Lecture Details :
Advanced Optical Communications by Prof.R.K.Shevgaonkar, Department of Electrical Engineering,IIT Bombay. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
The content in this course is designed to cover a one semester course at the post graduate level.
After providing the basic foundation of fiber optic communication, the course covers the advanced topics like the
Basic principles of light propagation.
Optical fibers - modal propagation.
Signal distortion on optical fibers.
Optical sources LED.
Photo receivers, noise.
Optical link design, power penalty etc.
SONET/SDH, DWDM, optical switches.
Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, DRA.
WDM networks and components and Optical CDAMA.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing II by IIT Madras
- Basic Electronics and Lab by IIT Madras
- Pattern Recognition by IISc Bangalore
- Analog IC Design by IIT Madras
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers by IIT Kharagpur
- Digital Circuits and Systems by IIT Madras
- Estimation of Signals and Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- Convex Optimization II by Stanford
- Electricity and Magnetism by MIT
- Digital Integrated Circuits (IITMadras) by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes