Lecture Details :
Computer Algorithms - 2 by Prof. Shashank K. Mehta, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kanpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
This course assumes the knowledge of data-structures.
It also assumes the knowledge big-O notation and the concept of time and space complexity of an algorithm.
The course also will not introduce divide and conquer, dynamic programming, and greedy paradigms.
The course will discuss eff cient algorithms from a large number of domains.
Graph algorithm: search algorithms, computation of strongly connected components, shortest distance algorithms, minimum spanning tree algorithms.
Network-flow algorithm: Ford-Fulkerson method; pref ow-push algorithm;
Geometric algorithm: convex-hull computation, line-segment intersection computation, closest-pair computation;
String matching: Rabin Karp algorithm, Knuth-Morris-Pratt algorithm, Boyer-Moore algorithm;
Matrix algorithms: Strassenís multiplication algorithm, LU decomposition, inverse computation; Polynomial computation algorithms: multiplication using DFT, division;
Number theoretic algorithms: division, solution of modular linear equation, primality testing.
Other Resources :
Other Computer Science Courses
- Natural Language Processing by IIT Bombay
- CSE 40373 Multimedia Systems by Other
- COMP1917 - Higher Computing by The University of New South Wales
- Computer Science III: Programming Paradigms by Stanford
- Introduction to Computer Science I by Harvard
- Real Time Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- Systems Analysis and Design by IISc Bangalore
- Performance Evaluation of Computer Systems by IIT Madras
- 3Ds Max 2010 by Other
- CSEP 524 Parallel Computation by University of Washington
» check out the complete list of Computer Science Video lectures