Lecture Details :
Computer Algorithms - 2 by Prof. Shashank K. Mehta, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kanpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
This course assumes the knowledge of data-structures.
It also assumes the knowledge big-O notation and the concept of time and space complexity of an algorithm.
The course also will not introduce divide and conquer, dynamic programming, and greedy paradigms.
The course will discuss eff cient algorithms from a large number of domains.
Graph algorithm: search algorithms, computation of strongly connected components, shortest distance algorithms, minimum spanning tree algorithms.
Network-flow algorithm: Ford-Fulkerson method; pref ow-push algorithm;
Geometric algorithm: convex-hull computation, line-segment intersection computation, closest-pair computation;
String matching: Rabin Karp algorithm, Knuth-Morris-Pratt algorithm, Boyer-Moore algorithm;
Matrix algorithms: Strassenís multiplication algorithm, LU decomposition, inverse computation; Polynomial computation algorithms: multiplication using DFT, division;
Number theoretic algorithms: division, solution of modular linear equation, primality testing.
Other Resources :
Other Computer Science Courses
- COMP1927 Data Structures and Algorithms by The University of New South Wales
- XML with,Java Servlet,and JSP by Harvard
- Performance Evaluation of Computer Systems by IIT Madras
- Design Verification and Test of Digital VLSI Circuit by IIT Guwahati
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms by IIT Bombay
- The Joy of Computing,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Innovative Computing by Harvard
- Software as a Service by UC Berkeley
- Digital Computer Organization by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Computer Science Video lectures