Lecture Details :
Computer Algorithms - 2 by Prof. Shashank K. Mehta, Department of Computer Science Engineering, IIT Kanpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
This course assumes the knowledge of data-structures.
It also assumes the knowledge big-O notation and the concept of time and space complexity of an algorithm.
The course also will not introduce divide and conquer, dynamic programming, and greedy paradigms.
The course will discuss eff cient algorithms from a large number of domains.
Graph algorithm: search algorithms, computation of strongly connected components, shortest distance algorithms, minimum spanning tree algorithms.
Network-flow algorithm: Ford-Fulkerson method; pref ow-push algorithm;
Geometric algorithm: convex-hull computation, line-segment intersection computation, closest-pair computation;
String matching: Rabin Karp algorithm, Knuth-Morris-Pratt algorithm, Boyer-Moore algorithm;
Matrix algorithms: Strassenís multiplication algorithm, LU decomposition, inverse computation; Polynomial computation algorithms: multiplication using DFT, division;
Number theoretic algorithms: division, solution of modular linear equation, primality testing.
Other Resources :
Other Computer Science Courses
- Internet Technology by IIT Kharagpur
- Numerical Methods and Programing by IIT Madras
- COMP1927 Data Structures and Algorithms by The University of New South Wales
- Computer Networks by IIT Kharagpur
- Computer Architecture by IIT Delhi
- Computer Language Engineering by MIT
- Human-Computer Interaction Seminar (2009-2010) by Stanford
- Search Engines Technology, Society, and Business by UC Berkeley
- Operating Systems and System Programming,Fall 2011 by UC Berkeley
» check out the complete list of Computer Science Video lectures