Lecture Details :
Instability & Patterning of Thin Polymer Films by Dr. Rabibrata Mukherjee,Department of Chemical Engineering,IIT Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
General Introduction to Patterning; Lithography Techniques, Applications of Patterned thin films.
Classification of Patterning Techniques: Top Down, Bottom up, combined techniques; Serial vs. Parallel Techniques.
Soft Lithography: basics, key concepts, major techniques - Micro Contact Printing, Nano imprint Lithography, Hot Embossing, Replica Molding (REM), Micro Molding in Capillaries (MIMIC), Capillary Force Lithography (CFL), Polymer Bonding Lithography; Patterning of films coated on Curved Surfaces.
Soft Lithography for patterning of inorganic (sol-gel) thin films and Hydrogels.
Hydrodynamics of a free surface, Capillarity, Physical origin of Instability, Wetting and dewetting, Length Scales Analysis, Pattern Formation.
Ordered pattern formation by template guided and confined dewetting, Dewetting of Bilayers
Elastic Contact Instability: concepts, governing equations, Elastic contact Lithography, Pattern Miniaturization in Bilayers, Adhesive Force Assisted Imprinting.
Electric Filed and Thermal gradient induced patterning, Electrohydrodynamics, LISA (Lithographically Induced Self Assembly).
Multi scale patterning.
Applications of Patterned Thin Films: Super Hydrophobic and Super Wetting Surfaces, Structural Color, Super Adhesives and Easy Release Coatings, Micro Fluidics etc.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Fundamental of Chemistry by University of Houston
- Particle Characterization by IIT Madras
- Principles of Chemical Science I by MIT
- Engineering Chemistry I by IIT Madras
- Chemistry II by Other
- Chemistry by Khan Academy
- Plantwide Control of Chemical Processes by IIT Kanpur
- Biochemical Engineering by IIT Kharagpur
- Chemical Reaction Engineering by IISc Bangalore
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering by Stanford
» check out the complete list of Chemistry Video lectures
Chemistry Lecture Notes
- CEM 924 Intro to Surface Analysis by University of Michigan
- Chem 226: Elementary Organic Chemistry by State University of New York
- CHM 240: Organic Chemistry by University of Toronto
- Chem 724: Inorganic Structure & Bonding by Tulane University
- Organic 1 by Rutgers State University of New Jersey
- Elementary Quantum Chemistry by Georgia Institute of Technology
- Chemistry 331: Elements of Organic Chemistry I by Portland Community College
- Bio 202: Genetics by University College London
- Physical Chemistry by Colby College in Maine
- CHEM-5151 Atmospheric Chemistry by University of Colorado