Lecture Details :
Instability & Patterning of Thin Polymer Films by Dr. Rabibrata Mukherjee,Department of Chemical Engineering,IIT Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
General Introduction to Patterning; Lithography Techniques, Applications of Patterned thin films.
Classification of Patterning Techniques: Top Down, Bottom up, combined techniques; Serial vs. Parallel Techniques.
Soft Lithography: basics, key concepts, major techniques - Micro Contact Printing, Nano imprint Lithography, Hot Embossing, Replica Molding (REM), Micro Molding in Capillaries (MIMIC), Capillary Force Lithography (CFL), Polymer Bonding Lithography; Patterning of films coated on Curved Surfaces.
Soft Lithography for patterning of inorganic (sol-gel) thin films and Hydrogels.
Hydrodynamics of a free surface, Capillarity, Physical origin of Instability, Wetting and dewetting, Length Scales Analysis, Pattern Formation.
Ordered pattern formation by template guided and confined dewetting, Dewetting of Bilayers
Elastic Contact Instability: concepts, governing equations, Elastic contact Lithography, Pattern Miniaturization in Bilayers, Adhesive Force Assisted Imprinting.
Electric Filed and Thermal gradient induced patterning, Electrohydrodynamics, LISA (Lithographically Induced Self Assembly).
Multi scale patterning.
Applications of Patterned Thin Films: Super Hydrophobic and Super Wetting Surfaces, Structural Color, Super Adhesives and Easy Release Coatings, Micro Fluidics etc.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Introduction to Solid State Chemistry by MIT
- Small Molecule Spectroscopy and Dynamics by MIT
- Advance Analytical Course by IIT Kanpur
- Fundamentals of Transport Processes by IISc Bangalore
- Freshman Organic Chemistry I by Yale
- Plantwide Control of Chemical Processes by IIT Kanpur
- Microscale Transport Processes by IIT Kharagpur
- Heterocyclic Chemistry by IIT Kharagpur
- CHEM 140B - Organic Chemistry II (C00) by UC San Diego
- Particle Characterization by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Chemistry Video lectures