Lecture Details :
Instability & Patterning of Thin Polymer Films by Dr. Rabibrata Mukherjee,Department of Chemical Engineering,IIT Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
General Introduction to Patterning; Lithography Techniques, Applications of Patterned thin films.
Classification of Patterning Techniques: Top Down, Bottom up, combined techniques; Serial vs. Parallel Techniques.
Soft Lithography: basics, key concepts, major techniques - Micro Contact Printing, Nano imprint Lithography, Hot Embossing, Replica Molding (REM), Micro Molding in Capillaries (MIMIC), Capillary Force Lithography (CFL), Polymer Bonding Lithography; Patterning of films coated on Curved Surfaces.
Soft Lithography for patterning of inorganic (sol-gel) thin films and Hydrogels.
Hydrodynamics of a free surface, Capillarity, Physical origin of Instability, Wetting and dewetting, Length Scales Analysis, Pattern Formation.
Ordered pattern formation by template guided and confined dewetting, Dewetting of Bilayers
Elastic Contact Instability: concepts, governing equations, Elastic contact Lithography, Pattern Miniaturization in Bilayers, Adhesive Force Assisted Imprinting.
Electric Filed and Thermal gradient induced patterning, Electrohydrodynamics, LISA (Lithographically Induced Self Assembly).
Multi scale patterning.
Applications of Patterned Thin Films: Super Hydrophobic and Super Wetting Surfaces, Structural Color, Super Adhesives and Easy Release Coatings, Micro Fluidics etc.
Other Resources :
Other Chemistry Courses
- Freshman Organic Chemistry by Yale
- Particle Characterization by IIT Madras
- Chemical Reaction Engineering by IISc Bangalore
- Fluid Mechanics III by IIT Kanpur
- Organic Chemistry - Khan Academy by Khan Academy
- Engineering Chemistry I by IIT Madras
- Process Design Decisions and Project Economics by IIT Guwahati
- Introduction to Solid State Chemistry by MIT
- Freshman Organic Chemistry I by Yale
- Organic Reactions and Pharmaceuticals by UCLA
» check out the complete list of Chemistry Video lectures
Chemistry Lecture Notes
- CEM 924 Intro to Surface Analysis by University of Michigan
- Bio 202: Genetics by University College London
- Chem 724: Inorganic Structure & Bonding by Tulane University
- Physical Chemistry by Colby College in Maine
- Organic 1 by Rutgers State University of New Jersey
- CHEM-5151 Atmospheric Chemistry by University of Colorado
- CHM 240: Organic Chemistry by University of Toronto
- Chem 226: Elementary Organic Chemistry by State University of New York
- Chemistry 331: Elements of Organic Chemistry I by Portland Community College
- Elementary Quantum Chemistry by Georgia Institute of Technology