Lecture Details :
High Performance Computer Architecture by Prof.Ajit Pal, Department Computer Science and Engineering ,IIT Kharagpur. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
Review of Basic Organization and Architectural Techniques:
RISC processors,Characteristics of RISC processors,RISC Vs CISC,Classification of Instruction Set Architectures,Review of performance measurements,Basic parallel processing techniques: instruction level, thread level and process level,Classification of parallel architectures.
Instruction Level Parallelism:
Basic concepts of pipelining,Arithmetic pipelines,Instruction pipelines,Hazards in a pipeline: structural, data, and control hazards,Overview of hazard resolution techniques,Dynamic instruction scheduling,Branch prediction techniques,Instruction-level parallelism using software approaches,Superscalar techniques,Speculative execution,Review of modern processors /*The objective is to explain how ILP
techniques have been deployed in modern processors*/,Pentium Processor: IA 32 and P6 microarchitectures,ARM Processor.
Basic concept of hierarchical memory organization,Main memories,Cache memory design and implementation,Virtual memory design and implementation,Secondary memory technology,RAID.
Bus structures and standards,Synchronous and asynchronous buses,Types and uses of storage devices,Interfacing I/O to the rest of the system,Reliability and availability,I/O system design,Platform architecture.
Thread Level Parallelism:
Centralized vs. distributed shared memory,Interconnection topologies,Multiprocessor architecture,Symmetric multiprocessors,Cache coherence problem,Synchronization,Memory consistency,Multicore architecture,Review of modern multiprocessors.
Process Level Parallelism:
Distributed computers,Clusters,Grid,Mainframe computers.
Other Resources :
Other Computer Science Courses
- Data Structures And Algorithms by IIT Delhi
- Software Engineering I by Other
- CSEP 501 Compiler Construction by University of Washington
- Natural Language Processing by IIT Bombay
- Advanced Topics in Software Systems by University of Washington
- Computer System Engineering by MIT
- Digital Hardware Design by Other
- Principles of Programming Languages by IIT Madras
- The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs,Spring 2011 by UC Berkeley
- Dreamweaver by Other
» check out the complete list of Computer Science Video lectures
Computer Science Lecture Notes
- CSE 373/548: Analysis of Algorithms by Stony Brook University
- Introduction to Java Development by N/A
- CS 696 Emerging Technologies: Java Distributed Computing by UC San Diego
- Information Retrieval by University of Massachusetts
- CPS 140 Computer Science by Duke University
- CS368: Java for C++ Programmers by University of Wisconsin
- Software Engineering and Security by Athens University of Economics and Business
- CS345 Data Mining and Clustering by Stanford
- Pixels, Numbers, and Programs by University of Washington