Lecture Details :
Coding Theory by Dr. Andrew Thangaraj, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
To provide an introduction to traditional and modern coding theory. Topics covered include linear block codes, cyclic codes (BCH and RS codes), convolutional codes, turbo codes and low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes.
Part I: Basics and Algebraic Codes.
Linear Block Codes: Generator and parity-check matrices, Minimum Distance, Sydrome decoding, Bounds on minimum distance.
Cyclic Codes: Finite fields, Binary BCH codes, RS codes.
Part II: Coding in digital communications.
AWGN channel: BPSK modulation, Capacity, Coding gain, ML and MAP decoders, Soft-versus hard-decision decoding.
Convolutional Codes: Encoders, Trellis, Viterbi decoding.
Part III: Modern iterative coding.
Turbo codes: Encoders, interleavers, turbo decoder.
Low-density Parity-check Codes: Ensembles of LDPC codes, Message-passing decoders, Threshold phenomenon and density evolution.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- VLSI Circuits by IIT Madras
- VLSI Data Conversion Circuits by IIT Madras
- VLSI Technology by IIT Madras
- Convex Optimization II by Stanford
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing by IIT Bombay
- Adaptive Signal Processing by IIT Kharagpur
- Convex Optimization I by Stanford
- Digital Communication by IIT Bombay
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing I by IIT Madras
- Active Filter Design by IIT Madras
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures