Lecture Details :
Coding Theory by Dr. Andrew Thangaraj, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, IIT Madras. For more details on NPTEL visit http://nptel.iitm.ac.in
Course Description :
To provide an introduction to traditional and modern coding theory. Topics covered include linear block codes, cyclic codes (BCH and RS codes), convolutional codes, turbo codes and low-density parity-check (LDPC) codes.
Part I: Basics and Algebraic Codes.
Linear Block Codes: Generator and parity-check matrices, Minimum Distance, Sydrome decoding, Bounds on minimum distance.
Cyclic Codes: Finite fields, Binary BCH codes, RS codes.
Part II: Coding in digital communications.
AWGN channel: BPSK modulation, Capacity, Coding gain, ML and MAP decoders, Soft-versus hard-decision decoding.
Convolutional Codes: Encoders, Trellis, Viterbi decoding.
Part III: Modern iterative coding.
Turbo codes: Encoders, interleavers, turbo decoder.
Low-density Parity-check Codes: Ensembles of LDPC codes, Message-passing decoders, Threshold phenomenon and density evolution.
Other Resources :
Other Electronics Courses
- Principles of Digital Communications I by MIT
- Electromagnetic Fields by IIT Madras
- MEMS and Microsystems by IIT Kharagpur
- Control Engineering by IIT Bombay
- INTRODUCTION TO RFIC by Other
- Estimation of Signals and Systems by IIT Kharagpur
- Electronics for Analog Signal Processing II by IIT Madras
- Basic Electronics and Lab by IIT Madras
- Basic Electronics by IIT Guwahati
- Electronic Design and Automation by IIT Kharagpur
» check out the complete list of Electronics Video lectures
Electronics Lecture Notes